There are typically 350 – 600 calories in a Bran Muffin. The number of calories in a Bran Muffin will depend whether you choose to buy from a restaurant or if you bake them at home. The calories will also depend on the brand you purchase.
Here’s a list of calories in the most popular types of Bran Muffins:
Starbucks Bran Muffins Calories:
• Apple Bran Muffin – 350 calories
• Banana Walnut Muffin – 460 calories
• Chocolate Cheddar Corn Muffin – 420 calories
• Oat Nut Grain Muffin – 490 calories
• Cranberry Muffin – 460 calories
Dunkin Donuts Bran Muffins Calories:
• Honey Bran Raisin Muffin – 490 calories
• Chocolate Chip Muffin – 610 calories
• Blueberry Muffin – 500 calories
• Reduced Fat Blueberry Muffin – 450 calories
• Pumpkin Muffin – 610 calories
• Corn Muffin – 510 calories
Bran Muffin Mix Calories Calories:
• Krusteaz Oat Bran Muffin Mix – 180 calories, 220 calories prepared
• Krusteaz Honey Raisin Bran Muffin Mix – 170 calories, 210 calories prepared
• Sunmaid Honey Raisin Bran Muffin Mix – 230 calories
• Quaker Low Fat Bran Muffin Mix – 145 calories
As you can see from the list, bran muffins purchased from the grocery store typically contain fewer calories than from popular restaurant chains. This is because the size of a ready made bran muffin from a restaurant is 2-3x larger than a homemade bran muffin.
If you are trying to watch your weight and the number of calories you consume in a day, make your bran muffins at home. They will have less calories and the portion sizes will be much smaller.
© 1997 - 2017 LosingWeight.com. All rights reserved.